SCOPE School Chicago is cancelled
After careful consideration, the difficult decision has been made to cancel SCOPE School Chicago, scheduled to take place at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place on March 27th, 2020.
The health and wellbeing of our attendees, including members and faculty, are of uttermost importance. Recommendations from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) indicate an increasing number of travel restrictions for health care providers and hospitals, as well as academic institutions globally due to COVID-19
The World Heart Federation (WHF) and World Obesity Federation (WOF) will continue to work together, and hope to reschedule the meeting at a convenient date. In the meantime, we plan to host a webinar on the topic of obesity and cardiovascular disease. More information on this will be available soon. Additionally, a series of online SCOPE modules are being developed on the topic area that will be available on the SCOPE E-Learning platform later this year.
World Obesity are happy to answer any questions pertaining to registration fees and other questions for attendees. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you at future SCOPE Schools.
World Obesity Federation (WOF) and the World Heart Federation (WHF) have joined forces to deliver the first SCOPE School of 2020, addressing obesity and cardiovascular disease.
Obesity has become one of the main drivers of cardiovascular disease, and many patients’ first encounter with the health system for obesity-related issues is through cardiology and even primary care. Chaired by Professor John Wilding (WOF) and Francisco Lopez-Jimenez (WHF), the SCOPE School will address pertinent issues and provide a greater understanding of effective patient management.
The objective of the event is to advance knowledge of the main drivers of cardiovascular disease (CVD), including the obesity-related issues that patients with CVD may encounter, and or vice versa.
At the end of the school, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the etiology and risk factors for obesity, including the current global prevalence and the challenges faced in curbing the epidemic
- Recognise the key issues in the obesity/ cardiovascular disease co-morbidity
- Identify suitable treatment options for patients living with obesity and, CVD and initiate effective conversations with patients
Moreover, the participant will have an opportunity to:
- Connect with international experts in the fields of obesity and cardiology
- Attend a series of lectures and interactive panel discussions addressing challenges at the national, regional and global level.
- Earn points towards an internationally recognised certification in obesity management
- Explore the vibrant city of Chicago, Illinois
- Attend at a discounted rate the ACC.20/WCC (American Cardiology Congress 2020/ World Congress on Cardiology), which starts the day after the SCOPE School
Healthcare professionals working in clinical practice including: dieticians, nutritionists, diabetes nurses/educators, physiotherapists, physical activity specialists, general practitioners, obesity medicine, cardiologists, exercise physiologists, specialists, internal medicine physicians and other specialists treating obesity related diseases.
DOWNLOAD OUR APP
Search for World Obesity Federation Events
There are a variety of sponsorship opportunities available to raise awareness to a captive audience. Please contact Winnie Dehaney on email@example.com to discuss sponsorship opportunities.